Thursday, June 3, 2010

New Blogger on the Way

Well, here I am.  I never thought I would be blogging, but after several years of working from home, taking care of my mom and the daily grind of keeping 55 acres of orange grove up, I really needed an opportunity to talk to other people, even if I don't know them.

I'm a southern girl, born and raised, so talking comes naturally to me. Also telling stories.  Most of my conversations begin with "ya'll are not going to believe this" or "I'll try to make this short" and then going into a rambling story with many starts and stops.  If you are southern too, you know you can't just tell the facts, you also have to tell the background on every person in the story, give the listener an opportunity to actually feel like they were really there.

I love a good story.

There will be more to come ... things I've been thinking about, what's happening in the grove, how my mom is doing (believe me, the challenges that come with caring for a mother with dementia are not what I was prepared for) and best of all, my love for our Kentucky farm, Clayton Creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment